Emotional Wellness Programs (formerly called Prevention and Early Intervention Programs) provide group education and support — not clinical treatment. They are open to all interested participants without screening, or with phone / in-person screening. There is no mental health assessment conducted, no diagnosis given, and no treatment plan made. Also, Emotional Wellness Programs are not insurance reimbursable.
TriCity Family Services is proud to offer both emotional wellness workshops and support groups.
Click here for a printable version of the 2015-2016 Emotional Wellness Program Guide.
TCFS offers emotional wellness workshops for children and teens that focus on anger management, conflict resolution, positive decision-making, and self-esteem development.
These workshops and groups aim to raise community awareness, increase comfort in accessing counseling services, prevent or alleviate budding mental health problems, assist current clients in enhancing particular skills, utilize the benefits of group programming, and offer experiential learning opportunities.
Participants will lead mentally healthier lives by gaining insight, developing social-emotional skills, learning to make and follow through with difficult decisions, changing negative behavior patterns, and improving relationships at home, school, and work.
Current program offerings are:
- Bridges Divorce Adjustment Workshop
- Chick Chat, a program developed by Helping Girls Navigate Adolescence, Inc. (HGNA)
- CORE by HGNA, a workshop that helps girls create strategies to make the transition to middle school less stressful
- Family Connections
- International Child/Parent Development Program
- Project Self-Compassion — Teen Girl Empowerment Group (NEW THIS FALL!)
- Smart Choices Kindergarten-5th Grade
- Smart Choices Middle School-High School
For more information about these workshops, please CLICK HERE.
For adults, various support groups meet regularly. Currently, TCFS offers the following support groups:
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
- Single Moms Group
- Lazarus House Parenting Group
- Lazarus House Women’s Group
For more information about these support groups, please CLICK HERE.