The opportunity to make a difference in someone’s life is at the heart of the volunteer experience.
At TriCity Family Services, we recognize that volunteers are an invaluable resource and our best ambassadors to the community. By giving your time, you are helping not only our clients, but the community as a whole.
Learn More About Volunteer Opportunities with TriCity Family Services
TriCity Family Services offers a variety of volunteer opportunities to fit your skills, interests, and availabilities.
Click here for our Volunteer Flier.
For more information about volunteering at TriCity Family Services, contact Jennifer Downing, Special Events and Volunteer Coordinator, at 630-232-1070 or email@example.com.
Become a Friend of TriCity Family Services
The Friends of TriCity Family Services was formed in 1997 as a network of volunteers to support the agency in a variety of ways. Most notably, the Friends plan and execute a number of major fundraising events throughout the year, including the Annual Benefit & Auction Gala, the Snowflake Shuffle 5K, and the Lobster Fly-in. In addition, the Friends step forward to fill individual client needs such as babysitting, providing transportation, donating household items and clothing, and more. They also serve the agency by providing occasional office work such as answering phones, preparing bulk mailings, and providing a monthly day of appreciation for the staff. The time commitment can vary based on personal availability.
For more information about the Friends, click here.
Get Your Student Group Involved
TriCity Family Services has been helping teens like you in our community for more than four decades. If your student group or club is looking for volunteer service projects, TriCity Family Services has opportunities. Click here to download our Student Group Volunteer Opportunities flyer for more information.
Become a Board Member
The TriCity Family Services Board of Directors accepts the responsibilities of governing the agency and helping the agency fulfill its mission. Through their leadership, board members establish sources of funding, an adequate pool of volunteers, and a professional staff.
Our board members commit to:
- Understand the organization and mission of TriCity Family Services and share that understanding with friends, neighbors, and coworkers.
- Actively prepare for and participate in board meetings, helping develop long-term goals, prepare TCFS for the future, and lead the organization to better performance.
- Support and provide direction to the Executive Director.
- Serve actively on at least one standing committee of the organization.
- Ensure that TriCity Family Services maintains adequate sources of funds and that those funds will be protected and spent reasonably as donors would desire.
- Raise funds by helping TCFS reach out to individuals, organizations, governments, foundations, and corporations.
- Faithfully attend monthly board meetings and regularly-scheduled committee meetings.
Become a Board Committee Volunteer
If being a board member is more than you can commit to, be a Board Committee Volunteer for TriCity Family Services and help the board perform its critical responsibilities. No financial contribution is required, and your time commitment can vary based on your availability.
Board Committee Volunteers commit to:
- Support the organization and mission of TriCity Family Services and share that understanding with friends, neighbors, and coworkers.
- Assist with one of our standing board or advisory committees, or play a lead role in one of our fundraising events.
- Help the organization reach out to individuals, organizations, governments, foundations, and corporations for donations.