Become a Helper with Heart
The opportunity to make a difference in someone’s life is at the heart of the volunteer experience.
We recognize that volunteers are invaluable resources and our best ambassadors to the community. By giving of your time, you are not only helping our clients, but the community as a whole.
TriCity Family Services’ Helpers with Heart, officially named in 2017, is a network of dedicated volunteers (formed in 1997) supporting the agency in a variety of ways. Most notably, our Helpers with Heart plan and execute a number of major fundraising events throughout the year, including the Annual Gala, Lobster Fly-In, Golf Outing, Snowflake Shuffle, and more. In addition, our volunteers step forward to fill individual client needs such as providing transportation and donating household items and clothing. Our Helpers with Heart also serve the agency by providing occasional office work such as answering phones and preparing bulk mailings. The time commitment can vary based on personal availability.
Financial support from this group helps support client and agency needs such as:
- Sending a young, single mother to driving school so that she can successfully secure a job and support her family.
- Paying for summer camp admissions for children of families in need.
- Covering the cost of clothing and camping gear for teenage participants of the Wilderness Challenge Program.
- Purchasing gift cards and food for our holiday adopt-a-family programs.
We offer a variety of volunteer opportunities to fit your skills, interests and availabilities.
For more information about Helpers with Heart, CLICK HERE or contact Michelle Rollins, Communications Manager, at 630.232.1070, x114 or by e-mail.
Our Helpers with Heart love to have fun! Check out the photos taken at our July 2017 Country Western volunteers social:
Join the Advisory Council
The Advisory Council serves as a critical community champion of TriCity Family Services. Members of the Advisory Council share their gifts in service to our mission, but have no governing function within the organization. For long-time supporters, those with limited time, and those who may consider Board Membership in the future, members of the Advisory Council create a direct link to our community with their:
- professional and technical expertise
- diverse knowledge of constituent perspectives
- connections to local and statewide resources, colleagues or peers
- philanthropic support or other forms of needed assistance
Click here for an Advisory Council job description
Join the Young Professionals Council (YPC)
The Young Professional Council (YPC) of TriCity Family Services is a caring network of emerging leaders dedicated to enhancing the mission, community awareness and work of TriCity Family Services. Members of the YPC seek to develop personally and professionally, spread the joy of philanthropy and promote the importance of community mental health services.
Click here for a full description of the Young Professionals Council
Get Your Student Group Involved
TriCity Family Services has been helping teens like you in our community for more than four decades. If your student group or club is looking for volunteer service projects, TriCity Family Services has opportunities. For more information, contact Michelle Rollins at 630.232.1070, x114 or by email.
Become a Board Member.
The TriCity Family Services Board of Directors accepts the responsibilities of governing the agency and helping the agency fulfill its mission. Through their leadership, board members establish sources of funding, an adequate pool of volunteers and a professional staff.
Our board members commit to:
- Understand the organization and mission of TriCity Family Services and share that understanding with friends, neighbors and coworkers.
- Actively prepare for and participate in board meetings, helping develop long-term goals, prepare TCFS for the future and lead the organization to better performance.
- Support and provide direction to the Executive Director.
- Serve actively on at least one standing committee of the organization.
- Ensure that TCFS maintains adequate sources of funds and that those funds will be protected and spent reasonably as donors would desire.
- Raise funds by helping TCFS reach out to individuals, organizations, governments, foundations and corporations.
- Faithfully attend monthly board meetings and regularly-scheduled committee meetings.
Become a Board Committee Volunteer
If being a board member is more than you can commit to, be a Board Committee Volunteer for TriCity Family Services and help the board perform its critical responsibilities. No financial contribution is required and your time commitment can vary based on your availability.
Board Committee Volunteers commit to:
- Support the organization and mission of TriCity Family Services and share that understanding with friends, neighbors and coworkers.
- Assist with one of our standing board or advisory committees or play a lead role in one of our fundraising events.
- Help the organization reach out to individuals, organizations, governments, foundations and corporations for donations.