Why Have an Employee Assistance Program?
When an employee has a personal problem that affects his or her ability to perform in the workplace, you lose. You lose efficiency, you lose productivity, you lose money, and you lose your valued employee.
Family discord, financial pressures, substance abuse, and workplace stress are but a few of the common concerns that, if left unchecked, can affect an employee’s performance. The resultant low morale, high absenteeism, greater risk of accident, and increase in medical insurance claims translate into direct cost for you. Your bottom line is also affected by increases in medical insurance and Worker’s Compensation premiums.
Employee Assistance Programs:
- improve productivity
- promote workplace cooperation and job satisfaction
- reduce absenteeism
- decrease work-related accidents
- manage the risk of unexpected events
- reduce the number of health insurance claims
- reduce turnover
- demonstrate your care and concern for your employees and their families
Why Invest in an EAP Benefit?
- An organization can reap a $2-8 return-on-investment for every dollar spent on workplace wellness initiatives (American Psychological Association Annual Meeting, 2002).
- Companies offering a full-service EAP benefit can experience up to 21% lower rates of absenteeism and 14% higher productivity rates than companies that don’t (Department of Health and Human Services).
- On any given day, 6% of the workplace population may be suffering from anxiety or depression (Partnership for Workplace Mental Health). When these issues are treated, absenteeism can be reduced by 12 days per year (JAMA, 2007).
- Companies offering Legal/Financial Work Life Services see work loss avoided in 39% of cases and work productivity increased in 36% of cases (American Psychological Society, 2002).
Why Choose the TCFS Employee Assistance Program?
- Based on consultation and collaboration, services can be customized to YOUR business and employee concerns and unique corporate culture.
- Our local presence means we are accessible and responsive to YOUR needs.
- Services include individualized counseling and coaching, mediation, critical incident response and support, WorkLife consultation services, and courses provided through our Training Institute.
TCFS has been providing professional counseling services in Kane County for more than 50 years, and successfully providing EAP services to organizations and employees since 1985.
We are committed members of your community, not just a voice on an impersonal “800” number. Our workplace programs are delivered by experienced workplace counselors who know and understand the needs of employers, employees, and their families. With an EAP provided by TCFS, every employee receives priority service.
What Does the TCFS Employee Assistance Program Offer?
Our EAPs are designed to help identify and resolve productivity or behavior problems associated with employees’ personal concerns, and reduce the chance that future problems will negatively affect employees’ lives and work. Services include:
Critical Incident response and debriefing services
Local phone number for 24/7 services
Immediate crisis intervention
Face-to-face assessments of needs
Face-to-face counseling within 2 working days for non-emergencies
Reports on EAP use
Referrals to additional resources as needed
Ongoing coaching to help managers assist troubled employees
Introductory materials for employees
Substance abuse evaluations following a positive drug test
Assistance with Drug Free Workplace Act and/or Department of Transportation compliance
Full EAP Contract Versus Employer Assist A-La-Carte Services
TCFS understands that every company has its own unique needs and budget. That is why we offer our services two different ways: as fully-inclusive EAP contracts, and as an a-la-carte Employer Assist Program. Most of our EAP services (excluding WorkLife Consultation and Referral services, Healthy Lifestyles Newsletter, Frontline Supervisor newsletter, and additional proactive wellness materials) can be provided both ways.
Note, however, that for a typical company with 150 employees and 3-5% employee utilization, contractual cost savings can be more than 45%.
Please call us at 630-232-1070 for a cost comparison developed specifically for your company.
TCFS Training Institute
As life becomes more hectic, employees need opportunities to learn strategies that will help them adapt to demands in both their work and home environments.
TCFS’s Training Institute supports your organization’s efforts to promote a healthier, more productive work environment, and to empower your employees to achieve peak performance. Let us work with you to create an environment of wellness.
Through creative, interactive, and experiential learning opportunities, Training Institute participants are engaged and empowered to develop new skills leading to enhanced personal and workplace performance. Courses are available to address the specific needs of leadership and management, workplace effectiveness, and general wellness.
Seminars and trainings can always be customized to meet the unique needs of your organization, and can be provided through a comprehensive EAP contract, or a la carte through TCFS’s Employer Assist program.
WorkLife is a telephone and web-based consultation, research, and referral service that provides support for everything from dependent care to pet care to wellness resources. It is designed to take the legwork out of finding information and resources, and provide access to thousands of practical articles, calculators, links, interactive planners, and self-assessments. This comprehensive service provides employees with several access options: telephone, on-line instant messaging, and on-line assisted search. Consultants are on hand 24 hours a day to answer questions and provide confirmed referrals for child care, adoption, education, elder care, wellness, and everyday life issues.
To learn more about how the TriCity Family Services Employee Assistance Program can help you achieve and maintain peak performance in your workplace, contact us at 630-232-1070 today.
We look forward to the opportunity to put our experience and proven solutions to work for you.